Monday, May 22, 2006

what's on your needles?

I joined my 1st knitting dishcloth club last week, the other clubs I have joined on knitting or crochet are mainly chatter and lots of patterns, a crochet a long group makes some nice things, and I have even joined in on a darling bag, but they are way too advanced for me. the knitting groups I am in are way too talented from the looks of their blogs, but I feel like I fit right into this dishcloth group, I am a big lurker, but I enjoy reading and seeing what other people have done, this weekend we made a dishcloth that the group leader gave us a few directions each day but no one knew what design it was going to be till we finished, it was a dress, after I finished I realized it was suppose to be done in red thread but the only cotton I had was leftovers from a bag I did and it was a blue varigated, but it turned out nice. it was easy and a quick project, think I have found my niche, except I also joined a sock group cause I really really want to learn to knit on double pointed needles and the sock looks like it would be fun to do as well plus it is a small project which make is easier to tote, maybe I will eventually get the nerve, but until then I feel another knit dishcloth in the works. so many projects so little time.

No comments: