Monday, February 26, 2007

long overdue blog

well my Mother's battle is finally over, she passed away so peacefully on Feb 15th. she loved snow like I do and it snowed the morning we buried her. Everyone was there with the exception of one grandson, her only grandson left and he chose not to come, His son was heartbroken and he could not even get above himself to show up for his only grandmother's funeral. His cross to bear, I actually was surprised, my Mother worshiped him and this was how he chose to repay her unconditional love.

I took last week off and my wonderful SIL from Anchorage was here, we had a ball, she kept me on the go so I couldn't think!! it was a wonderful time, just fun and carefree week, I really needed that, I am sure I will be lost for a while, I won't be trekking to the Nursing home, twice daily before and after work. I spent tonight after work by catching up on emails.

At work today I got lots of cards, a plant some candles and tons of hugs and kisses, it is so nice to work with great people. I even got some homemade pimento cheese, a loaf of bread, chips and cokes, and paper plates and napkins from a friend who I had done the same for when her Mother died. She and I both went with bright colors and she got a darling card, not a sympathy card a fun card. We are so alike!!

well gotta run, just had to let ya'll know my precious Mother's ordeal is over and she is now in Heaven with my family who have gone ahead of her! I hope my brother is happy, he has his Mother back...

No comments: