Thursday, June 22, 2006

Baby's heartbeat

It's real it is really real. I went to the DR with Angie Tuesday, since she is age 36 and has high blood pressure, they did an ultrasound just to be sure everything was ok, well it is a tiny thing only a speck at this time but it has a strong heartbeat, yep only ine but it is very strong per the tech who does these dozens of times a day. OMG a tiny heartbeat for a baby I never thought would be!! I was overwhelmed and stil choke up everytime I think of it!!

Sunday was Father's day and my husband's daughter called she and her husband live in VA with their beautiful daughters who are so into Soccer!! Sad to say we don't see them at all it's been 3 years, it is so hard for them with the girls and my big bad Marine has little time off that they can get this far away from home. We understand with the girls being teenagers and their own activities but it doesn't make missing them any easier. Of course we could drive up there too but it has gotten to where in our older age all we want to do is veg here at home after working all the time!! So Hi Tammy, Judd, Lindsay and Taylor!!!

only 1 more week till I get to veg in my pool all week I swear you will have to MAKE me lift a finger around the house, I plan a week of playing only!!! I cna clean and cook and all the wifely duties some other time! Daniel will be here all week and I'll have Kerry (my step grandaughter) one day to play with us too. Bobby says he may run a dozier for a friend of ours for a few hours and I told him go ahead, I am doing NOTHING!

Time to get dressed for that dreaded work! one of my bosses is on vacation, whew that is always a tough time, it means I have to cover two desks! but you know what they say about payback...hee hee he is due a much deserved rest tho! he works way to hard and worries way too much! hope he enjoys these days with his wife and family!!!

Smooches everyone

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Karen...I'm so excited for you and your daughter and your entire family. You almost made me cry with your post!

My baby sister is due next week! I'm so thrilled. She is having a boy. I still can't believe that she's having a baby, I won't believe it until I see him with my own two eyes. Plus, I have been asked to be the baby's godmother. I'm thrilled about that.

So you're taking a week away from work? Sounds soooooo good :)